It is certainly possible to burn belly fat fast, but I can guarantee one thing: it will not be easy. There are no magic solutions or miracle workouts that will easily and instantly get rid of your belly fat. The best way to burn your belly fat faster is to increase the intensity of your exercise and follow these strategies to help you maximize the belly fat burn.
1. Rethinking Your Strategy
If crunches and other ab workouts are your primary exercise to burn belly fat, it is time to rethink your plan. Crunches are not a very intense workout, so they aren’t very effective at producing a fat burn. Ab exercises will tone the muscles beneath the fat, but they won’t do anything to the layers of fat that sit on top of your muscles.
The idea that you can burn your belly fat by doing enough sit-ups is a total myth. The science behind this idea doesn’t hold up. People may think that ab exercises will produce targeted fat loss in the midsection, but the results show otherwise. If you want toned muscles, go ahead and do crunches all day long. If you want to get rid of belly fat, you need to try something else.
2. Start Burning More Fat with High Intensity Cardio
Just like you can only lose weight if you burn calories, you can only lose belly fat if your body starts shedding fat overall. There isn’t a whole lot that you can do to remove fat specifically from the midsection, so focus on an intense cardio regimen that aims to maximize overall fat loss.
There are different strategies you can use to ensure that a greater percentage of fat calories are burned. Some experts recommend long periods of low to medium intensity cardio to maximize fat burn. Others suggest interval training with short bursts of highly intense exercise.
No matter what type of cardio workout you choose, know that you will be burning a certain percentage of fat in every calorie burned. The percentage varies, but any type of cardio will have an impact, especially if you put in long hours and a lot of effort.
3. Increase Your Muscle Mass
If you increase the percentage of muscle in your body, you will be well on your way to a leaner stomach with less belly fat. Increasing your muscle mass involves replacing some of your body fat with more muscle.
The best way to increase your muscle mass is through high intensity strength training. When your body burns fat calories, something has to take their place. Those fat calories are replaced by the added muscle that you build when bulking up and trying to get bigger muscles.
4. Ensure Better Results by Eating Better
No amount of exercise can undo the damage of an unhealthy diet. You cannot expect to eat whatever you want and still lose belly fat. You’ve got to make a complete commitment if you want to try to lose belly fat and actually see real results. This is not a temporary diet, but a permanent lifestyle change. People with a body to die for have to work very hard to maintain their look. They accomplish this by following a strict diet and exercise regimen.
- Load up on plenty of protein: Protein is the most difficult for your body to convert to a usable form of energy, so your body is less likely to store proteins as fat. You should eat as much lean, healthy protein as possible. Ideal foods include chicken, fish, and nuts. Stay away from red meats and other meats that can be high in fat. You want to eat lean meat if you are interested in maximizing the fat burned.
- Cut out unhealthy fats, but continue to eat the right fats: Not all fats are created equal. Certain types of fats can wreak havoc on your body, while others are actually good for your health when consumed in moderation. Everyone is criticizing the harmful nature of trans fats, which are one of the worst types of fat you could eat, especially if losing belly fat is your goal. You should also avoid eating saturated fats. The best types of fats to eat are the unsaturated “healthy” fats. The ideal types of healthy fats are foods like olive oils and nuts.
- Limit your carbohydrate intake: Your body needs carbs to convert to energy, but you probably do not need nearly as many carbs as you think. Whatever carbs do not get immediately used as energy are eventually converted to fat for your body to use as an energy source in the future. Eat complex carbs and whole grains to keep you full, but try to keep your overall carbohydrate intake to a minimum. Don’t forget to minimize your alcohol intake, because it contains a ton of carbs.
5. Want Faster Results? Work Harder
If you are not losing belly fat as quickly as you want to, you will just have to work harder and longer. Many people don’t realize how many hours professional bodybuilders spend in the gym in order to bulk up and get the results they want. The secret to their success is putting in plenty of hours at the gym doing high intensity exercises. If you want to burn belly fat fast, you will have to start to do this too.
To get more results, you will need to put in more effort, either by working out for more hours each week, or by working out at a higher intensity level. To maximize the fat loss, you should ramp up your workout plan and workout both longer and harder. This will maximize your calorie burn and your muscle gain, which in turn makes it easier to burn fat.
There are definitely no shortcuts that will help you instantly and easily burn belly fat fast. You will see real results if you are willing to put in the time and effort it takes. Follow a strict and balanced workout regimen and a good diet plan, and you will start to burn belly fat. If you want to see the results faster, go ahead and start working harder.