Obesity has become the world’s number one problem. The reason behind this problem is most probably the fact that today we have more food than ever in human history.
Just a few decades ago, food used to be more valued and was considered a source of life, but today food has lost its value.
It’s cheap, affordable and we can all enjoy it. This is the reason why so many people struggle with overweight problems.
Not only in the US, but in the whole world in general, the number of overweight people is increasing.
Some people with this kind of overweight problem are unaware of it, which is bad. And the ones conscious of it, being overweight is an endless battle.
We have all learned how to count calories, what we should or shouldn’t eat, how many times we need to exercise, and many more things that can help us in this battle.
However, sometimes nothing seems to work, and we find ourselves back at the beginning of our journey. It’s frustrating when you don’t get the results you’ve been working for.
Maybe you do most things right but still can’t get results. Or maybe, you know how everything should work in theory, but you can’t manage to follow this advice.
You have probably tried all diets out there. Maybe some of you have also tried expensive weight loss programs or, even worse – expensive diet pills and supplements. You might lose some weight with this sort of thing, but the weight usually comes back right away.
We try these food supplements and diet pills because they usually promise fast and easy results. This way, we don’t have to watch what we eat all the time and don’t need to exercise.
However, most of these supplements are wasted time and cash. Most of us don’t want to go through a long and exhausting diet, and we sure can’t rely on pills!
So, how can we lose weight fast without so much struggle? Is there some kind of formula or a simple way to lose pounds? Well, the answer is YES! It’s not just one way. There are many ways. Many small ways that can help you in your battle against weight.
Ways to lose weight
There are many ways to lose weight, from food and exercise to massages, saunas, and many more. You might want to try and incorporate some of these ways in your life and see which ones work best for you.
The results will be there and will be there faster than you think. These 5 things are the leading and most important changes you will have to adapt to lose weight more quickly:
– Changes in diet. Now you probably think of all the times you’ve heard this. Well, it’s true. Changing your eating habits is the basic change you need to make to lose weight. Including certain foods in your daily menu and excluding others is the first thing you must do.
– Exercise. Another cliché. But you will have to try and incorporate exercise at least 3 times a week.
– Attitude. Determination is the most crucial key point if you wish to successfully lose weight. Knowing what you aim for and staying motivated is the first step toward success.
– Amount of calories. You probably already know that you either burn calories or store them as fat tissue in your body. This means you must burn more calories than you consume to lose weight.
The body naturally burns calories for all the processes by itself. So all you need to do is help your body to burn a little more. Try to cut down the number of calories just a little.
– Water. Do not go anywhere without your bottle of water.
Which is better, dieting or exercising?
Diet vs. Exercise! This is an eternal battle. Regarding faster weight loss, exercise and diet changes can contribute a lot. But which one is the quickest way?
This is a common question, especially for people who prefer one thing better. The perfect answer would be to embrace both options, but if we have to choose one, the WINNER IS DIET.
You got it! If you wonder why think for a second. Is it easier to run for one hour or omit just one bag of chips daily?
The key to burning more calories is mainly diet. You won’t lose much weight if you exercise for an hour and then eat a burger with mayo.
We’ve seen that you can lose weight faster with diet changes. If you lose some pounds with diets and then return to regular eating habits, you will regain the pounds you lost even more quickly. However, to keep that weight off, you also need to exercise.
That’s why you need regular exercise. Plus, exercising will improve your mood and boost your metabolism.
Ultimate food choices for faster weight loss
Since you already know that what you eat affects your weight more than exercising, you now have to learn what you should and shouldn’t eat.
Instead of wasting money on expensive weight-loss programs and diet pills, visit the supermarket and buy some real food.
These are not some hard-to-get miracle foods, just regular foods all of us are familiar with but didn’t know they can be super-foods when it comes to weight loss:
– Water. Good old miracle drink. Zero calories are still the best thing you can give your body. Drink water every day, all day. A glass of water before a meal can make you eat less.
– Oatmeal. Oats are among the richest foods in fiber. That’s why you will feel full for a long time. Oatmeal for breakfast is an excellent start to the day.
– Eggs. Another smart choice for breakfast. Studies have shown that people who eat eggs for breakfast eat less throughout the day. And if you’re worried about cholesterol, eat only egg whites.
– Green Tea.A powerful drink that will boost your metabolism and help you lose those extra pounds.
– Beans. A great source of protein and fiber.
Just what you need to get rid of those pounds!- Pears.Low in calories and high in fiber.
– Grapefruit. Grapefruits and oranges are among the highest ranked (of all citrus fruits) in fiber and contain a great amount of water. Grapefruits will keep you full and help your weight loss.
– Nuts. Don’t be afraid of fat. Some fat is good for you. Like in this case, nuts are fatty, but these are good fats. You won’t gain weight if you snack on some nuts. You will probably lose weight.
Nuts contain MUFAs (monounsaturated fatty acids) that, apart from being good for your health, are also good for getting rid of fat. Just control your portions!
– Cereals. All cereals, especially those high in fiber, can help you accomplish your goal and lose weight.
– Mushrooms. Here’s one great replacement for meat. If you want the protein but not the many fat types of meat to contain, switch to mushrooms.
– Apples. Apples are an essential part of every diet. Eat at least one apple a day, and try not to peel the skin off because that’s where the fiber is.
– Dark Chocolate. If you have a sweet tooth, don’t worry. Dark chocolate is full of antioxidants and good fats.
– Soup. Vegetable soup is a great choice – low in calories, vitamins, and fiber. Many studies have shown that people who eat soup before every meal consume less food.
– Salmon. Salmon contains Omega-3 fatty acids that are good for your health, losing fat, and building muscles. And the more muscles -the more calories burned!
– Blueberries: All berries are excellent for losing weight, but the blueish ones are even better. Blueberries are the most powerful source of antioxidants and fiber.
– Milk. Milk contains fat and calcium, essential if you wish to lose weight.
– Avocado. Fatty fruit indeed, but good fatty. Avocados are packed with Omega-3 fats, which, if consumed relatively, can help you lose weight.
– Olive oil. Use olive oil to lose weight, but remember – just small amounts, and do not use it for frying. If you heat olive oil at a high temperature, it loses all the good nutrients.
– Coffee. For all you coffee lovers, cheers! Black coffee is an excellent booster.
– Quinoa. Rich in fiber and protein, quinoa can be an intelligent replacement for pasta or rice.
To sum up, you can see that the most important things you need to incorporate into your diet are fruits, vegetables, protein, good fats, and fiber. And you want to avoid saturated fats, bad carbs, and sugars.
The importance of fiber
There is a good reason why fiber is the most important for fast weight loss. It sounds a little weird saying this, but it’s true. Our bodies can’t digest fiber. It just passes through us without any calories or nutrients. Then why is it so important?
The first reason we need fiber so much is to keep us full for longer and stop us from reaching for something else to eat. Another essential thing fiber does is improve bowel movement, which is the best way to cleanse your body.
Another great thing is that it carries carcinogens, cholesterol, and other bad stuff out of your body more quickly. That’s why fiber decreases the risk of serious diseases. Three things you need fiber for:
– Feeling full for a long time
– Proper digestion
– Decreasing the risk of serious diseases
Foods that are rich in fiber: fruits and vegetables (not peeled), beans, cereals (especially oats), lentils, pears, apples, raspberries (and all other berries), nuts, prunes, etc.
Simple Habits to Help You Lose Weight
Increase your chances of losing weight more quickly by changing your life. Even the simplest things can make a difference. Slowly adapt to each of these changes and make them a habit.
– Plan ahead. It’s much easier if you know what you will eat tomorrow. That way, when you wake up and open the fridge, you won’t have to start choosing and end up eating something you shouldn’t have.
– Eat breakfast. I’m sure you’ve heard this before. When you eat breakfast early in the morning, you start your metabolism and avoid eating so much for the rest of your day.
– Water. Make a habit of drinking water all the time. You will avoid overeating and help your body to burn calories.
– Write down your food intake. Keeping a food journal is an excellent motivational weapon.
– Watch less TV. Go outside and avoid eating in front of the TV.
– Smart replacements. Replace all the food in the fridge with smarter options. Instead of chips, buy some nuts, and instead of chocolate bars, try cereal and granola bars.
– Watch your drinks. Many of us aren’t aware of how many calories we take through drinks.
– Forget the elevator. Run up the stairs.
Connection Between Anxiety and Weight Loss
Anxiety is commonly connected with weight gain because stressed people usually tend to gain more weight, especially in the middle.
However, anxiety can sometimes be a reason for unexplained weight loss. There are various reasons why anxiety can cause weight loss. Some of them are:
– Losing interest in food;
– Uncontrolled movements;
– Changes in lifestyle that people do to improve.
If you have this problem and want to gain some weight, you must ensure that you eat regularly and healthily.
You might become very unhealthy if you try to gain weight by eating only junk food or too many calories at once.